Thursday, May 5, 2011

"The Black Cat" by Edgar Allen Poe

Spirit of Perverseness-to get back at someone by using persuasion to get them to do the things you want. To control, or have power over.

I can kind of relate by using my definition of Spirit of Perverseness. I once started seeing a guy who actually had a girlfriend. That is so out of character for me and if anybody knows me, that is something that I despise more than anything. The timing and his persuasion is what got me. I had just been dumped by someone, whom I thought the world of and my life revolved around. I would never get over him, I thought. Then this guy came along, who is known for preying on the "freshly wounded." He told me everything that I wanted to hear and had me convinced that this is what I need to get back at the other who had wronged me. He was perfect and did and said everything the right way. He had me totally forgetting about his girlfriend until someone else found out. Which probably happened because he was out telling everyone. He was one of those guys who would, "put another notch on his belt" and loved for everyone to know. He had somehow convinced his girlfriend of all these years that everyone else was lying and they were just jealous because he was soooo cute and everybody wanted him. I guess he had the Spirit of Perverseness over her too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment