Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Luck" by Mark Twain

I wouldn't consider myself "lucky" but I would definitely say I'm blessed! This recently happened to me and I just love to share my story. I work a full-time job and my husband is self-employed. My work, of course stable, his work, not so much. We had always tried to faithfully pay our tithes but sometimes I would skim a little off the top because there was no way we could afford everything if I didn't. I had heard my preacher many times say, "pay your tithes and God will provide." I listened and left but never changed. Finally one day it hit me. I thought, I'm going to try this and see what happens. I had been getting closer to God and I wanted to do as I'm suppose to do. My husbands work started to flourish and was in abundance. I couldn't believe it!!! Then came the big loss, we missed out on a job that was suppose to bring 6 months worth of work and we had nothing lined up and no work in sight. I started to doubt but I knew that I was doing as I was suppose to and had to keep being faithful and obeying the Lord in my tithing. My husbands salary is 3x mine and I knew that by God's grace we would survive but a long road ahead. I prayed and prayed and obeyed the best I could. Do you know that we made it through those 6 months with a roof over our head, food in our bellies, and transportation??? Isn't God good??? I can't explain it, the numbers just don't add up but I know who took care of us. So to say I'm lucky is not the term I use often, I'M BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment