Saturday, April 2, 2011

"I Wanted to Share My Father's World" by Jimmy Carter pg. 810

This poem is kind of bittersweet! I really enjoyed the authors insight on how the boy looked up to his father. He didn't always understand the way his father raised him. He hated to be disciplined and the way his father tried to shape him into the man he wanted him to be. In his fathers final hours it finally came to him what a great man his father was and that his father lived on in him. I've had the privilege to have a father in my life. I know so many who have not and it is heart breaking. Although growing up I despised most of the things that my father did discipline wise I appreciate it now because he has in fact shaped me into the woman I am today. I'll always be daddy's little girl and there is no love like the love from a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment