Saturday, April 2, 2011

"My Childhood's Home" by Abraham Lincoln pg. 820

I really enjoyed this poem. There is so many times that I ride by my old homestead and she the visions of what used to be. Of my sister and I playing in a particular tree or playing tag there and hide and seek. It really takes to back to where Abraham Lincoln was raised and he gets to visit where his loved ones lay. So many memories he had to leave behind but they are not lost memories just suppressed until a visit like this and it brings it all back. It is nice to just sit somethings and reminisce on the old times and how things used to be. Not to regret or wish you could change anything but just remind yourself of the things that meant the most. Life seems to always find a way of getting in the way so anytime you can take yourself back to remember a memory whether a good one or bad is always a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment