Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Love Should Grown Up Like a Wild Iris in the Fields" by Susan Griffin pg. 737

I really loved, loved, loved this one!!! Very true with everything said! This is how life is today. We are always so busy and on the go and we rarely take time for what is important, our family! My favorite part:

Love more often is the be found in kitchens at the dinner hour,
tired out and hungry, lingers over tables in houses where
the walls record movements; while the cook is probably angry,
and the ingredients of the meal are budgeted, while
a child cries feed me now and her mother not quite
hysterical says over and over, wait just a bit, just a bit.

I've seen this scene play over and over at my house and I'm sure you can relate. I really hate that this is how it is because the only time I do get to see my family is when its time to eat because I have to force myself to quit my homework and feed my family. We really need to be able to "stop and smell the roses." Life is too short to let the rush of life get in the way.

3 comments:

  1. "Love more often is the be found in kitchens at the dinner hour"

    I love that line! How true it is. It made me think about all the times we would gather as a family when I was a kid. Though some dinners would be full of yelling and tears, we all knew we were loving and being loved. I sent this piece to my parents and siblings who all responded back with, "Hey, remember the time ..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I enjoyed reading also and I have to agree with you on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for reading my blog. Glad you were able to share that Robby with your family. I know we can all relate to this one. Life is just soooo busy these days and we hardly have time for family. At my house this is the only time we actually get to set down and be together. So sad but that's reality!

    ReplyDelete